With a focus on natural fibres, romantic silhouettes and a classic palette, Matin adds a bit of Parisian polish to your seaside uniform. Find out what inspires Michelle Perrett from Matin (who also shares her favourite Winter soup recipe. Big yum).
1. One thing we might be surprised to learn about Matin?
That Matin is made entirely in Sydney, Australia using natural fabrications.
2. Your favourite way to spend a Sunday morning?
Enjoying breakfast in the sun, followed by a trail walk with friends.
3. Best skincare tip or trick passed down from your mother?
To always go to bed with a fresh face.
4. People think I’m really social & outgoing when actually I feel most at home when I’m on my own surrounded by nature.
5. I will never be too old to learn something new.
6. Favourite new recipe?
For winter - super simple cauliflower & leek soup. Take a whole leek - roughly sliced. Sauté in olive oil, salt & pepper. Add in a whole head of cauliflower (sliced). Cover in water or chicken broth for 30 mins. Blend and serve with a little parmesan cheese or parsley puree.
7. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received, and will pass on to your kids?
It’s cool to be kind.
8. What’s next for Matin?
We are enjoying the pace at which we’re working, and looking forward to working with our community of stockists, makers, and creative teams on new ways to support our community, the environment, and the industry.
9. What made you want to support Worn For Good?
The motivation behind what WFG has created is so wonderful. We feel so fortunate to partner with a not-for-profit dedicated to supporting charitable initiatives who also offer a circular solution for the industry.